Search This Blog

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ Screen timeout bug


I had an issue with my Android ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ ROM.
The problem was that the screen did NOT turn itself off after a defined period of time so when
I received an sms or a call the screen remained lit till the time I actually came and turn it off manually.
It was annoying and drained the battery.

I turned out that it was a kernel problem. Updating the kernel to speedmod-kernel-s2 worked like a charm
and resolved my issue. It's supposed to be faster than the stock kernel but what I really cared about was
screen backlight timeout bug.

Kernel:

1 comment:

  1. This kernel package can be flashed using Clockworkmod recovery. You can read how to use CWM here

    ReplyDelete

If you like this post, please leave a comment :)